Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sightseeing!!

hotels madrid

After enjoying a relaxing night's stay in Hotel Claridge, I prepared myself for the day ahead. My dormir en Madrid, located in Plaza del Conde de Casal shopping area, helped me enjoy easy access to city centre and the old town. The main museums and the AVE train station was also located nearby. My room offered all the comforts and I could also enjoy WIFI internet connection. I planned to take the help of a tourist guide, who could take me around the museums, art galleries and palaces, step by step as well as provide me useful information about all of them.


During my stay in hotel en Madrid, I started sightseeing from the Prado Museum, one of the most famous art museums. I was very impressed to see some of the masterpieces from the 12th to the 19th century. I passed about half a day in this attraction in Madrid and then moved towards Reina Sofia Museum. Tourists enjoying sleep in Madrid know it to be a part of Madrid’s ‘Golden Triangle’ of famous museums and are fascinated by it for housing important collection of 20th and 21st century art. Picasso’s famous Guernica, was my favourite. My sightseeing for the day ended with a trip to the Palacio Real, an enormous and imposing building constructed during the 18th and 19th centuries. Attractions in Damme are not so impressive.
museums madridDuring the next few days spent in arrangement Madrid, I enjoyed visiting many other attractions in Madrid. All were more attractive than popular sights in durbuy. I stopped in Plaza Mayor more than two times it being one of the main attractions in Madrid. Fountain of Fame, St. Anton's Convent, Real Jardín Botánico, Escorial Monastery and Palace and Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum were the other sights I visited. How could I miss spending time in Retiro park? Taking out some time, I also didn't miss the opportunity of buying FC Barcelona tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment